A MOBILE LIBRARY IN THE SERVICE OF PROMOTING THE CULTURE OF READING, 16th round table on mobile libraries in the Republic of Croatia and the 10th festival of Croatian Bookmobiles, with international participation - first notification
Location: Split 26.05. - 27.05.2023
The Croatian Library Association - the Commission for Mobile Libraries and the Commission for Public Libraries with the Librarians' Association in Split and the Marko Marulić City Library Split, as host, organizes the 16th Round Table on Mobile Libraries in Croatia and the 10th Festival of Croatian Bookmobiles called A Mobile library in the service of promoting a reading culture which will be on Friday and Saturday, May 26 and 27, 2023 in Split.
Content of the Meeting:
• Friday, May 26, 2023: 10th Festival of Croatian Bookmobiles
• Saturday, May 27, 2023: 16th Round Table on Mobile libraries in Croatia
Organizers: Croatian Library Association - Commission for Mobile Libraries and Commission for Public Libraries
Co-organizers: Marko Marulić City Library Split and Librarians' Association in Split
Host: Marko Marulić Split City Library
Name of the Round table: MOBILE LIBRARY IN THE SERVICE OF PROMOTING READING CULTURE
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROUND TABLE:
- solemnly mark the establishment of the new Mobile service in Split through the EU project "Za dobre vibre čitaj libre"
- to maintain the continuity of professional gatherings and presentations of mobile library services in Croatia in order to improve their work and promote it to the public
- enable specialized professional training of librarians on the subject of mobile libraries and the exchange of experiences among employees of mobile services
- popularize the activity of mobile libraries and encourage the development of existing ones, as well as the establishment of new services in counties that do not yet have them
- use international experiences and establish partnerships
- present programs and activities aimed at promoting reading culture, development of pre-reading skills, media literacy, and lifelong learning
- to present Croatian bibliobuses to the public and participants of the Round Table, and through the Bookmobile festival as a kind of media attraction, to promote the activities and tasks of not only mobile libraries but also public libraries as a whole.
Method of work: invited presentations, registered presentations, poster presentations, discussion, viewing of the bibliobus and accompanying program
Participation is subject to registration and registration fee.
Registration fee: €20.00 (euro)
Registration fees are exempt: invited lecturers, bibliobus drivers, and members of the Program and Organization Committee.
Language of the meeting: Croatian and English
Instructions to authors of presentations and posters:
The text of the abstract should contain up to 250 words. Authors are requested to provide translations of their abstracts, including author information, in English.
Deadline for submission of abstracts: February 28, 2023, via the PRESENTATION application form and POSTER PRESENTATION.
Received summaries of the submitted presentations will be reviewed by the members of the Program Committee of the Round Table, and the notification of the accepted presentation will be delivered to the authors by e-mail by March 15, 2023.
Notes for exhibitors:
1. Accepted presentations should be accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation lasting no more than 15 minutes.
2. Presentation on posters:
• recommended poster dimensions max. 70 x 100 cm.
• the poster should state the title of the paper, the name(s) of the author, the library, and the location.
The detailed program of the Round Table and Festival, together with the instructions for registering participation and paying the registration fee, will be published in the second notification, which will be sent by April 1, 2023.
Accommodation in Split should be booked by each participant.
INSTRUCTIONS with maps for the arrival and parking of the bibliobus for the Festival will be sent to the e-mail addresses of the mobile services after the announcement of the second notification.
More information at https://www.hkdrustvo.hr/ and https://www.gkmm.hr/.
Maja Stazić, e-mail: email@example.com
Hanja Anić, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Klaudija Mandić, e-mail: email@example.com
Vedran Bužančić, administrative secretary of HKD, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.